Wednesday, October 29, 2008

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!!

You know that saying when life hands you lemons make lemonade. Well I'm trying to, but my heart is aching. There are some things in life you just don't understand. Why do people go and do what they say they never would? I know I am just in a battle to see how my faith will stand, but it hurts. Here is a poem from my daily devotional, it just so happened to be today's devotion. I prayed that it would give me peace before I read my devotion. I asked God to give me a word from Him of peace, He did!!

He sat by the fire of sevenfold heat,
As He looked at the precious ore,
And closer He bent with a searching gaze
As He heated it more and more,
He knew He had ore that could stand the test,
And He wanted the finest gold
To mold as a crown for the King to wear,
Set with gems with a price untold.
So He laid our gold in the burning fire,
Though we would have asked for delay,
And He watched the dross that we had not seen,
And it melted and passed away.
And the gold grew brighter and yet more bright,
But our eyes were so dim with tears,
We saw but the fire---not the Master's hand,
And questioned with anxious fears.
Yet our gold shone out with a richer glow,
As it mirrored a Form above,
That bent over the fire, though unseen by us,
With a look of unspeakable love.
Should we think that it pleases His loving heart
To cause us a moment's pain?
Not so! for He saw through the present cross
The joy of eternal gain.
(So He waited there with a watchful eye,
With a love that is strong and sure,
And His gold did not suffer a bit more heat,
Than was needed to make it pure.)

I pray that what ever may be testing you or trying you, you find peace through God above. He doesn't let anything happen in our lives for nothing. Everything is there to refine us and make us stronger. Count it all blessings to have the tests, He's using it to make your crown of pure gold.

I thank you Father God, for all that you have blessed me with and thank you for trusting me with all these tests.

Be Blessed, Uylonda

No comments: