Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What has you under control?

What to write about. I guess I should say something about what I've been experiencing with people lately. That would be; being set free of that which controls you. By that, I mean controls your emotions, your attitude and how things affect you, how you handle things. You know-you! How many people have things they need delivered from, or set free from? Some people it's smoking, or drugs, or alcohol. Some people need delivered from demons, and spirits that have free reign in their lives. Some people just need delivered or set free from themselves. They are comfortable being miserable, right where they are. It's become such a way of life for them that the thought of not being bound by something, is scary. They don't know who they would be if they didn't have the junk in their lives. I know, I have been there. Praise the Lord, I don't have that junk anymore. I got sick and tired of being sick and tired, and I was finally set free from it. Now I still have issues from life that pop up, but they are just that, issues. Nothing more. They don't get me depressed and down on life anymore. I just deal with them with God, and go on. I don't always like what it is I'm going through, but I go through it and go on. It no longer has control over me to get me out of control. I gave God control of my life, and it is easier to live because of Him.

The only true way to be set free from that which has control over you is to let God take it. He will, and can if you let Him. I know people who want others to take it away for them. It doesn't work that way. If you want a life that is not out of control, then let God help you. People can't do it for you. You have to be willing to do all you can do to take control of your life, with God's help. And, as I've said before you have to spend time with the Lord. That is the key.

You can go to church, listen to tapes, go to church conferences, talk to counselors or friends, and still never be set free. All of that can be good for you, but it's not the answer. Get together with God to get set free. Why is it that we don't want to take the time to do what is good for us? Is it because it takes effort? The saying that I have heard says (If it's worth having, it's going to take effort to get it.) How much effort have you honestly and truly put into the things that are weighing you down? Have you truly given God the chance to help you? Spend that time with Him, and find out just how much easier it is to find the effort to change.

I know this isn't for everyone, but it's for some. I honestly am asking you to give God a chance and see how your life changes for the better. The truth is, it is that simple. Give it to God. He wants it, and He wants to help you. He is just waiting for you to stand up and say OK God, here I am. Listen to the song I have on here called "Stand" It will bless you, it did me. If I can help any of you please contact me, I would love to talk with you. Just leave me a message, or email me or call me.

Love you, and Bless you, Uylonda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For years i fought a battle i could not win;i got frustrated,i told God i quit,i'm not trying anymore,i give up,i walked out of the room where i had been talking to God,I knew imediatley the Battle was over;Seems i had been in Gods way,When i quit and got out of his way,it took him about sixty seconds to do what i had been been trying to do for years.