Friday, October 3, 2008

Spending time with the Lord

It's been 5 days since I wrote, so I figured it was time to write again. I enjoy getting your comments. It helps me know that I am helping others, and this is why I am supposed to be writing this blog. What a word-blog! I hope to get comments in the future from someone I don't even know and have them tell me how it's helping them. Won't that be cool? Remember to let your friends and family know about this to, pass it on.

I have been reading and talking to people, men and women both. It seems like everyone is searching for an easy way to solve their problems. Well, I know and easy way!! Spend time with the Lord. That's it... I used to say back in the day when I was a MESS, Lord how do I get through this? He always whispered (spend time with me) So, finally one day I said OK God, there's nothing else to do, so I am going to spend quality time with you. I did, I do, and it transforms your life. God is not asking us to not have a life outside of Him. He is asking us to have a life with Him in it. It hurts Him when we hurt, and He knows that if we would only give in and spend time with Him, our lives would be transformed. Like it says in Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. How do you renew your mind? Spend time with God, your father, your creator, your friend. You know how it feels when your family and friends here on earth seem to be busy and forget you at times. Well; that's how God feels. He hurts and feels left out when you don't spend time with Him.

How do you spend time with God to change your life? You get alone with Him, and read the bible and pray. It's that simple! It will transform your life. When things happen in your life and your putting God first in your life, you don't get overwhelmed. You have a peace in the midst of the storm. You will not be able to understand how you feel peaceful, but you will be peaceful. And, it does not happen overnight. It takes time for you to get to that point. The more you spend time with Him, the more you grow and learn to not get anxious, and worry. The bible says in Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing just pray. You also can just turn on worship music, close your office or bedroom door and sit quietly and listen to the music. Your spirit will pray for you this way. Sometimes I'm at a loss for words and don't know exactly what to pray so I do this. It is so rewarding. God, just wants us to spend time with Him in prayer, praise or worship. You don't have to spend all day either. If all you can give at first is five minutes, then give five minutes. Over time you will spend more time with Him. But, don't let it overwhelm you to think that you have to spend hours everyday in prayer. God looks on the heart. If He knows your heart is doing it in the right way, He is going to bless you. OH my goodness, how it changes your life. My life would not be where it is today if I had not of spent time with God. I will write my testimony down soon, but not now to much noise in the house. I have to have quite time to write, and not be disturbed.

My husband and I are starting a fellowship this Sunday, October 5th at our house. It is the beginning of a ministry that God has birthed in both of us. We are excited and know that God has something great in store. If you live close by and want to come, email me, call me or whatever and let me know.

I hope this helped someone, Bless you all Uylonda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's what I needed to hear today. Love ya & miss ya. Sal