Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tempted and Tried

I was wondering if I'm being tested by God today. In the last week there have been things happen that I never would of thought about at one time, let alone them all happening in the same week. I know God is seeing how I'm going to handle it when other people need me to help them. And as soon as you take a step and say I'm ready willing and able Lord, He gives it to you! I think I handled it well with His help. I have been thanked over and over by those I helped, and they were in a crisis. None of them are related or know one another either. That is how it goes. I literally asked God, why? I said God, I can handle one crisis and am willing to help them, but God three! They have all calmed down now, and I'm thankful they have.

I also have reconnected with some friends that I haven't talked to in a while. I had lunch with one today, it was nice. We needed it. Don't think that people are to busy for you. Give them a call and let them know that your not to busy for them either! In my daily devotional (last week no less), it said to reconnect with a friend. That was scary in a way. My friend has been through a lot in the last little bit, but she was trying to reconnect with me to. So I just did it and we talked on the phone for an hour and forty minutes, just like we used to. But God moves things for us when He wants us to move. He wanted to see how I would handle a crisis and I handled them with love. I wasn't selfish with my time. I just did it. I'm not bragging on me, I'm bragging on God. He has changed me into someone I didn't use to be. I would always help someone, but wish at the same time I didn't have to! I always wanted to be like my husband in this area. He goes at the drop of a hat if someone calls and needs him. I was glad he would, because I didn't have to!! Sounds awful, but it's true. Thank God those days are gone. God is doing all this to get us into position to be in ministry for Him. It amazes me how much I want to do this. I pray for things to do for God. I tell Him that I have so much time to do His work, would He please give me some. I want to work for Him daily.

There is only one way that He will use you though. And that is through obedience to His word. He says pray, read, and study to show yourself approved. I love to read, it's one of my most favorite things to do. I love to write as well! I write about what I have studied or read, or even about things I have heard from God about. He will talk to you if you spend time with Him. It is awesome when He does! He doesn't always say a lot, sometimes just one word, but when He does it's powerful.

Anyway, I wasn't planing on writing today, but I was put to another test and I had to write. It helps me. Pray for me and my family, we truly need it. When you step up for God, the devil attacks in ways you can't imagine! He is NOT going to win, God is in control.

Be Blessed, Uylonda

No comments: