Sunday, December 7, 2008

My mind is blank as what to write escapes me. I know I haven't written anything in three weeks, but I haven't known what to say. That is truly unusual for me, I always have something to say! So much has been going on that I don't know where to start. I do know that Jesus is calling His people to spend more time with Him. It seems to me that when I say this to people they usually don't get it. Jesus is just like us, only He is Holy and our soon coming King. I also know that not everyone hears from God in the same way. I want to share with you something that was in my devotion I do with my husband, I cried when I read it. It is Jesus talking to us and people just don't get it, He is calling His people to Him in every way possible, We just have to listen!

I just had to send a note to tell you how much I love you and care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were walking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would want to talk with me also. As evening drew near, I gave you a sunset to close your day and a cool breeze to rest you. And I waited. But you never came. It hurt me, but I still love you because I am your friend.
I saw you fall asleep last night and I longed to touch your brow. So I spilled moonlight on your pillow and your face. Again I waited, wanting to rush down so we could talk. I have so many gifts for you. But you awakened late the next day and rushed back to work. My tears were in the rain.
Today you looked so sad, so all alone. It makes my heart ache because I understand. My friends let me down and hurt me so many times too. But I love you. Oh, if you would only listen to me. I really love you. I try to tell you in the blue sky and in the quiet green grass. I whisper it in the leaves on the trees and breathe it in the colors of the flowers. I shout it to you in the mountain streams and give the birds love songs to sing. I clothe you with warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature's scents. My love for you is deeper than the oceans and bigger than the biggest want or need in your heart.
If you only knew how much I want to help you. I want you to meet my Father. He wants to help you too. My Father is that way, you know. Just call me, ask me, talk with me. I have so much to share with you. Yet I won't hassle you. I'll wait because I love you
Your Friend, Jesus

This is what God wants of us to know. He wants a relationship with us without excuses as to why we can't find time for Him. I hear so many excuses myself from people that it amazes me, so I can only imagine how God feels. God talks to us individually, and in those conversations it is different for everyone. You can hear from the Lord for many reasons and in many ways. Don't deny them. God does not have to come down and speak literally to us, He speaks to us in our spirit, softly, quietly, gently. Just listen and you can hear Him. What is it He is saying to you? In the bible it says Be still and know that I am God. Ps. 46:10. He wants us to hear Him and listen to Him. Just get alone with Him in a quiet place and be still. He is God, and He will speak to you. It is awesome when He does. What is it you may need an answer to? If you give Him time, He will hear you.

Love you, Uylonda

No comments: