Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You can't be miserable if you know Jesus.......

What? Yes it's true, if you know Jesus you shouldn't be miserable. He is life and peace and happiness. Nehemiah 8:10 says, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Do you have joy? There is nothing sad or bad or mad about Him. So, if you are any of those things, think on Jesus and be changed. I was driving the other day and this just popped into my mind. You can't be miserable if you know Jesus. I was thinking about things going on in my life with people in it who are miserable. They proclaim to know and love Jesus, but they are so miserable. All they do is complain about this or that, and their never truly happy with anything! Some of these people look as if they they could just explode with anger and venom and hate and unhappiness at ANY minute. Is this showing the love of Jesus in your life? I don't think so. It is sad when I see people like this, and I see people like this every where. I was at a salon yesterday and a lady working the counter looked so sad behind her eyes. I prayed for her peace; I know she needs it. She was just so sad behind her eyes. Anyway, are you one of those people who proclaim to be born again, a child of God, and a lover of Jesus? If so, have you looked in a mirror lately? Do you look like a person who is happy and joyful, or mad, sad and not glad about anything? This is something to think about; it's serious. It shows the true nature of your heart. How do people act around you? Are they glad to see you, or glad when you leave? Are you joyful in your heart? Are you someone you would truly want to be friends with? If Jesus is love and He is, and He says to think on things that are pure and true and lovely to stay happy and peaceful then why is it most people think on the pain of the past that they can't change, or why do they think on the pain of today, or why do they think of the things that they have no control over and let it destroy them? Why do people think on negative things when God says think on the positive? Give this some real thought, are you really happy or just acting happy? As I said in my last post, Jesus says if there be any of these things peace love joy happiness, think on these things. This is what truly gives us a positive outlook on life. How can you honestly think that if you think about all the junk in your life that it's not going to affect you in a negative way? Give it a moment and think about what truly makes you happy right now, and then after that minute think about what is not making you happy right now and weigh the measure of how your heart felt. God doesn't say there won't be things go wrong in our lives, but He does say don't let those things destroy you. Don't let them make you into something you truly don't want to be. In 2 Corinthians 12: 7-10 it says And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundnce of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8  For this thing I besought the Lord three times, that it might depart from me.  9  And He said unto me.  (My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.)  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in destresses for Christ's sake:  for when I am weak, then am I strong..   He is strong in our weaknesses. Glory to Him, and this thorn etc...  We are to thank God always, this gives us strength to fight Satan our enemy who is the one who makes us weak. There is no weakness in God, so to stand on His word and proclaim it over our lives this is what will make it a positive happy joyful life. Do what God says and you won't be miserable no matter the circumstances.  It's true if you give it a chance, I'm living proof..

Love ya, Uylonda
Leave me a message if this touched you in some way.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So true! To many people are walking around pretending to be happy and claiming to be saved and are truly miserable in their own skin. I am only human and I complain about my life at times, just like we all do, but I try to remember that he is always there and that he never puts more on us than we can handle. There is always someone out there that has a worse situation than you do. Be greatful for everything you have and everyone that is in your life.