Friday, January 2, 2009

Only you and God can do it

There are so many people hurting these days and they don't know how to get out of the pain. The only way that I know is to get a hold of God. How do you do that, you ask? Well, get on your knees, read the bible, study on the things that have you bound. God is willing to help you, but you have to take the first step. When I was hurting and in so much pain I sought help everywhere. But, until I turned to the Lord completely nothing changed.

Also, it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing to you in your life. The decision is up to you to change. When you decide to do something about the problems don't worry about the people, or things in your life that are not trying to change. Just deal with yourself. I would always say God, I can't take it anymore, Delorne is a jerk and he doesn't care about anything. And, it was true, he didn't, not even himself. But, I wasn't supposed to worry about him not changing. God, was dealing with me. I found a book called "Lord, Change" me during that time. Not by coincidence either! It almost leaped out at me at the Christian book store. Anyway; that book taught me that I had to change what was within me to change what was around me. When we change our attitude, our mind our outlook on life everything around us changes to. We are different and know how to handle things different. We are to be like Christ. Ask yourself the popular question "What would Jesus do?" And, what would he do in your situation? He would love the people anyway. That is what we are called to do, love the people. It changes them when you change. When I started changing my attitude toward the anger and pain I had, it changed things in my life. I learned to shut my mouth for one. It can get you into so much trouble. Delorne would try to start a argument with me and I would take my kids and leave or not say anything back. Now mind you, I didn't always do that. There were times that I would break over and say something, and away we went into a fight. But, when I kept from saying things back every time, it changed him. I could see that he knew something was going on in me. And, most of all I knew something was changing! It was exciting to me to. I would think wow, I didn't go there God, I listened to you and it feels good. I got stronger emotionally this way. I was leaning on the Lord, and not me. I had no strength to stand anyway, it had been destroyed in the battles long before. So, I built up my strength in God, myself, and moved on. It changed my life, but I had to quit worrying about anyone else or anything else, just me and God.

I urge you, if your dealing with things in your life that are so overwhelming that you think you can't take it. Take it to the Lord, and let Him have it. He wants you to anyway. I read daily devotionals, and focused my mind on them. When I would be in my day and things would start to happen I would think on Gods word in the devotion and what He had spoke to me that morning. That's the only way I made it, by His word. He gave me a scripture one day literally, I picked up my bible and dropped it and as I did this little piece of paper fell out. I picked it up and read it out of curiosity and it was 2 bible verses.

They are Ps. 94:19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me; thy comforts delight my soul. And, Isa. 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. I would quote these to myself all the time. I had to know that if I didn't dwell on where I was in my life, God would change it. We cannot change things if we do not do what God says. Give it to Him. Think on Him and His peace and it will give you peace and a strength that you don't have. It is His strength that will pull you through. It will take time though. It took time to get messed up, so it's going to take time to get healed. But, it is so worth what you learn while going through the healing process.

As the saying goes Let go and let God. The way to do that is to (just do it) Let God fill your thoughts with peace and your life will change. Where God is there is peace. Let HIM in. Not, just a little bit, but all the way. You will be glad you did.

Love ya, Uylonda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't got a chance to read this blog until today, but I loved it! You are truly living a testimony when it comes to God changing people's lives. You and your family have been through alot and it it really shows through you all that God can and will prevail! Thanks for always giving encouraging words! Love you!